MacBook Pro HD wiping help - What applications won't be on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flipninja, Mar 30, 2013.

1. flipninja, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013

flipninja macrumors member

My mac is running slow and (not to mention, the hard drive is 90% full with "other") I decided to wipe my hard drive clean and re-install ML. I am aware that only the essential apps will reinstall with ML. Does anyone know what won't be on the mac after I wipe my hard drive clean? All i know is that the iLife applications wont be there, but are there any other important apps that wont be installed?

2. simsaladimbamba

These are the standard applications coming with a fresh OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion installation:

[​IMG]

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

----------

As to "Other": What is this "Other" in the storage tab? What is eating up my space? by theSeb

If you want to enhance the performance of your Mac, be sure to check these two articles, do not just use applications, that promise to do it for you.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Any app from the app store, either iLife or otherwise will be missing BUT you will be able to redownload/reinstall those apps once you sign back into the app store.