Macbook Pro HDD Upgrade Question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Caris, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Hey Everyone,

I have just got my MBP back from the Apple store and in order for me to get my MBP back the same day they didn't put Leopard on to save time. So i brought it home and when i booted it up i got a "?" on the screen. I put the OSX disks in then pressed next a few times and i came to a screen where it asked me where i want to install OSX and nothing was there. So i had a bit of a look round and went into Disk Utility and formatted the HDD to Mac Extended (Journaled) the first one on the list. Then put Leopard on (well it's still going as i speak).

I'm just wondering if i have done the format bit right? Was Mac Extended (Journaled) the right selection?, was there anything else/settings i should have changed? The format only took seconds am i not ment to run a more deep format for the first time on a new HDD?

Thanks, Matthew.

2. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

If it's booting, I wouldn't worry about it. Mac Extended (Journaled) is the default and works fine. Just use it and enjoy it

3. scr1968 macrumors regular

Sounds like you are good to go - made the right decisions as far as I can tell.

SCR

4. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

That's good to hear. The installation is all done now i took 2 screen grabs to show my settings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything look good?