Macbook pro hdmi problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robinj92, May 25, 2011.

1. robinj92 macrumors newbie

Hello guys and girls

I have a problem, when i connect my macbook pro to my sony TV its shows video and sounds as it should. but when i close the lid on the mac it dissapears and goes into blackscreen as nothing is connected, and no matter what i do i cant get video back. but when i connect to a new TV i get the video and audio..

when i go from HDMI 1 where its connected to HDMI 2 and back to HDMI1 its shows shortly blue screen as it always does when its get connected but its still shows no video output

anything is helpful thanks in advance.. Robin

2. rnelan7 macrumors 6502

rnelan7

Just adjust your settings so that when you close the lid it doesn't sleep your mbp.

This might be helpful to read: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3131?viewlocale=en_US

Also, you can turn your brightness all the way down and the backlight on your screen will turn off if you just want to keep it open.

3. robinj92 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the fast answer, but how do i do that?

and how does this help as im not even getting picture when the lid is not down, after i had it down first time.

4. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

Solutions:

1.) Install NoSleep - http://code.google.com/p/macosx-nosleep-extension/downloads/detail?name=NoSleep-1.2.0.dmg&can=2&q=

As per the description, it prevents sleep when the lid is closed. Select how you want it to behave in the System Preferneces.

2.) Pick up an Apple Remote or connect a USB mouse to your MBP. After you close the lid, move the mouse around or push a button on the apple remote. The Mac will wake up and work as expected.

You're welcome. Enjoy.

5. robinj92, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011

robinj92 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks, but will this work as the video output does not work in the first place with lid up?¨

edit

Tried and does not work still no video on TV

6. robinj92 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. SAVAGE5 macrumors member

SAVAGE5

I do not have a MBP yet but does it have output preferences? My PC was in DVI mode so HDMI would not work.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

When you close the lid, you're making the computer sleep.

Plug in a USB mouse and keyboard, let it sleep, and then press a key or click to wake it up, your TV will now be your primary display and everything should work nicely.

9. robinj92 thread starter macrumors newbie

as i said earlier i tried that, and it does work with another TV just not the tv where i closed the lid where it was connceted, is there a way to like "delete the tv" from my Hdmi "list" so i have to found it again?..

Ps when i connect a new hdmi to dvi adapter it works until i close down the lid, so its like destroying my adapter when the lid goes down..

10. lizrayne macrumors newbie

problem connecting macbook pro to tv HDMI

When cable is connected to tv and mac:
    1) Select SOURCE HDMI 1 on your tv
    2) on Mac, go to System Preferences>Display>Arrangement>Mirror or Copy

That worked for me. Good luck! :eek: