Macbook Pro -> HDTV connection - switching screens

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sonnychiba, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Sonnychiba macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, my first post here, hopefully someone has experienced the same thing.

I recently bought a 40" Sony Bravia HDTV. I connected my macbook pro to it via DVI-HDMI cable. The picture looks great, however, everytime I turn my TV off and on (I leave the computer and TV connected always) both the screen on the Macbook and the TV spend a few seconds flashing back and forth until they finally adjust to the proper screen. I mean it works fine, but is there any way to set it up so that the screens remain intact. In other words, is it possible to always maintain a constant connection without having the screens flicker back and forth?

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

the screen flicker is normal when your machine is switching resolution. i don't think there is way to avoid it unless letting things on all the time.

3. McGiord, Jan 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Also the Sony TV makes an auto adjustment based on the resolution of the signal received.
    For exmaple when I am changing channels and go from a HD widescreen channel to a SD one it does flick also.
    ________
    Lincoln Blackwood specifications