MacBook Pro Headphone Jack Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DeadAir, May 6, 2010.

1. DeadAir macrumors newbie

DeadAir

Hi all, im a MacRumors N00b so delighted to finally be here (even if it did mean a student loan, but well worth it!!!;)).

Just wondering does anybody else have a problem with the bad connection from the headphone jack on their Mac?
    It won't hold in any jack i plug into it and plays audio through the internal speakers unless the connection is pushed right in.
    It's not exactly the worst thing that could go wrong with your Mac but very annoying all the same!
    Thanks.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

When I first got my new 13" MacBook Pro, I had trouble plugging my speaker cable into the port. It has since loosened a bit with time, but it seemed to be an alignment problem. Maybe that's what we get for being early adopters. ;)

You may be a newb, but I don't think you can be a n00b unless you call someone a fag in your first post. So... welcome to MacRumors, newb. :p

3. DeadAir thread starter macrumors newbie

DeadAir

Jack Problem

Thanks for the reply BlueRevolution!
    What do you mean by an "Alignment Problem"? Did you manage to get it fixed?
    Have Apple acknowledged this problem?
    Thanks, forum newb!:p

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It just seemed like the jack inside the computer wasn't properly lined up with the hole in the case. It didn't seem like a big enough problem to be worth mentioning, and it seems to have sorted itself out with time.

5. DeadAir thread starter macrumors newbie

DeadAir

Jack Problem

Unfortunately, mine hasn't fixed itself but become progressively worse and more tempremental:(
    Thanks Anyway!

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Well, pay a visit to Apple. If you have the mid 2009 model, it should still be under warranty.