Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naelamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
Im looking to buy a headset with mic (1 jack) for my macbook pro 13 but I cant find any? :( any idea ppl?

mep42

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2008
If you are just looking for a mic for ichating and stuff like that which doesn't have to be high quality you might look into getting just a $20 bluetooth headset like for a phone that you can pair with the computer.

gumbyx84

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2008
If you are going to get a headset, I recommend doing a bit of research first. I had a ~$35 Plantronics headset (350) not work on my MBP. After going to their website, turns out, for some reason, they are not "compatible" with the MBP. I use the headset on my Lenovo laptop without issue, so I have no idea why it won't work on MBP.

I would recommend getting a bluetooth or USB headset. That way you are guaranteed that they will work on any system you use them on. I believe Logitech sells a USB headset somewhere around $30 (maybe $40) at Best Buy.

If you really want to save some money, go by a used video game store and pick up a USB headset for the PS2. They are made by Logitech and work perfectly with any OS (have tested this myself). The two versions made, so I would go with the newest model. You can tell by difference between them by looking at them (newest version has better build quality). If I remember correctly, they most around $10-15 used at Gamestop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.