MacBook Pro Heat Issues?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DirtyDan, Jan 1, 2009.

1. DirtyDan macrumors member

I just bought a MacBook Pro (15.4 inch model) I've literally had it since Tuesday night and I've noticed that it gets pretty hot even when it's running on a flat surface with decent airflow.

Is it normal for it to get hot like this? Should I be concerned? Will I have some type of problem or is this just how the newer MacBook Pros are...?

FYI I switched over from a Windows XP desktop.

Any information would be much appreciated.

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

the aluminum acts as a large heatsink. Unless its starting fires on the table, it should be fine.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Macbook Pros are notorious for this, sometimes running internally up to 100C so dont worry :)

4. Metzgermeister macrumors member

Metzgermeister

Check this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=625277

At the apple store they told me that the bottom gets really hot because of the aluminium casing and because the MBP is also quit thin and the processor and GPU is on the bottom as well.
    Like mentioned in the above thread, during the use of handbrake I barely can touch the bottom of the MBP.

5. DirtyDan thread starter macrumors member

Boy is that a relief!

Thanks for the information and the reassurance, I love this thing and I really didn't want there to already be problems.

It's amazing how fast I've adapted to this from Windows. It just runs so much smoother and cleaner and it's so fluid.

But you already know that!

Thanks again for the information!