Macbook Pro heating problem??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by will eth, Mar 5, 2011.

1. will eth macrumors member

I have been saving up for a MBP for ages now and have waited until this refresh to get one. The only gripe left in my mind stopping me from getting one is the quantity of threads stating fan noise and exessive heating in this generation.
    Could some good people please either put my mind at rest or save me £1000, and tell me if its a big deal or not. Thanks.

2. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Well, there's a couple answers to your query.

As far the fan speeds are concerned, running multiple, CPU-intensive apps (anything Flash-based, Skype, iPhoto importing sessions, etc.) put a strain on the resources of any computer, and eventually cause the fans to kick in.

Leading into the so-called excessive heating, keep a couple things in mind. The MBP's are aluminum, meaning that they disperse the heat quite uni-formally throughout the body of the machine. Just because your machine may at times be warm to the touch, doesn't mean the internals are frying to death. No worries!

3. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

No problems with mine. Been using it for a few days now, running the same apps and games as I did on my 2010 15 MBP. Heat is the same as my 2010 model, I've actually seen my 2010 model get up to 88-89 celsius at times during gaming and I haven't seen that yet with my 2011 model. We'll see as I use it more.