Macbook Pro Heating

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SamTheeGeek, May 22, 2010.

1. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

Hey All ,

I know you guys got this thread a million times , but bare with me i only got 1 question.

I was converting HD Divx video yesterday and i noticed my macbook pro ( check sig. for specs ) getting really hot from below and the top center of the keyboard.

Now i got my macbook pro on my desk as always so im not complaining its too hot on my lap , i just wanna know is there any chance that heat would damage my macbook pro hardware ?

Thank you

2. celticpride678

The fact that you were converting video is why the computer got hot. This is perfectly normal, especially where you mentioned (processor location).

Unless temperatures get above 220ºF, your computer's hardware should be fine. However, if you still are nervous about it, download and install smcFanControl, which allows you to control fan speeds.

3. SamTheeGeek thread starter macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

thank you for your reply ,

yea i was converting and i didnt mind it getting hot but just was worried about my mac from inside hehe, But i do give my macbook pro a break , like i convert 4 1hr videos then i let it cool off.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Do the fans blast hardcore when you've been doing that for a while?

5. SamTheeGeek thread starter macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

not sure really , i didnt hear anything from my macbook pro , its really quiet.

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Ok. I don't think you need to worry about giving it breaks or anything. Because if it was really hot the fans would sound like jet engines. And its pretty much impossible for the parts to be heat damaged, because if your MacBook Pro gets to a certain heat, it will automaticlly shut itself down to prevent damage:D

7. SamTheeGeek thread starter macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

omg i forgot that lol , I'm a longtime pc user and it happened a couple of times with my pc's.

hehe

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Lol Steve Jobs likes his Macs ta run hot:cool:

9. SamTheeGeek thread starter macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

ha ha ha :p