Macbook Pro Help please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Arial, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Arial macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm new on here but not too new to macs, I'm a currently student and I will be needing to use solidworks soon, I have a 27" imac 2.8 ghz quadcore i5 with ATI Radeon HD 5750 1gb... So i will need to be installing windows and solidworks onto this but I also need to get a new laptop, I'm looking at the latest 15" macbook pro with 2.4 ghz quad core (might spec up to 2.5ghz) and the AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1gb....

My question is how will solidworks work on the imac and on the macbookpro?
    Solidworks will be the only programme I will be using via bootcamp on windows as I already have the Adobe CS5 suite for mac...My main worries is the rendering capabilities as ive read that real view will not work? Will i still be able to use photoview 360 or would i be better of using a 3rd party rendering programme?

Any info or advice on which spec macbookpro would be greatly appreciated

Regards

2. Arial thread starter macrumors newbie

3. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Well, you need an answer from someone who's got direct experience with Solidworks. This thread from the SW forum indicates it will work fine but may not be optimal. I think the overall tone of the thread is pretty balanced though and presents a lot to think about.

But, to answer your question directly, Yes, it should work with realview.

4. Arial thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers for the response but the links not working for me.