MacBook Pro Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EastCoastLove, Jan 15, 2011.

1. EastCoastLove macrumors member

My MBP is fairly new. I bought it sometime in September. Recently, it has been freezing like crazy. I think i also had a kerlnel attack or whatever it is. Should i be worried? The freezing will not go away no matter what i do. I tried the PRAM and SMC reset multiple times and nothing. The fan also is real loud at times. Sometimes it'll be completely off and the fan will still be running. I called Apple and they said my phone service warranty was up so they couldn't help, what a bunch of crap. I asked the lady if I bring it into an Apple store, will I be able to get more help? (Apple store is like a little over an hour away from where I live) She said maybe. That the warranty is for hardware issues and it sounds like it's a software issue. I don't know what to do, it's getting really frustrating. If anyone has any suggestions on what I could do, I'd really appreciate it.

2. Srirama macrumors member

I know its a simple suggestion, but backup and try reinstalling the os.

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Since your machine is not out of warranty, you could always buy Applecare, then they will give you phone support. I know its pricey, but it just might be cheaper, if you figure the time and fuel expense to get it to the Apple Store one or more times.

4. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

5. EastCoastLove thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I might just have to.

6. EastCoastLove thread starter macrumors member

I'll be able to get good help at the Apple store since it's still under warranty, right? I just don't want to waste time going out there for them to tell me that there is nothing they could do. I'm definitely going to purchase Applecare soon because i don't want anything bad happening to my laptop.

7. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I would think that they would help at the store, it's just the phone support that runs out after 90 days.