Macbook Pro help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dweb619, Mar 16, 2013.

1. dweb619 macrumors member

So I have 2009 pro and it was running the latest OS and tonight I got a the update from the app store, i downloaded it and waited for it to install and restart. But it didn't install, a message popped up saying "there was a error installing the update click "restart" so about a half hour passes and my battery dies. So now it boots up to the back up from Time Machine, download new OS (i started too but it said 7 hours remained)

But I have a 2011 iMac running the updated OS and I last backed it up today, Can I take the iMac backup and use it on the Pro?

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

3. dweb619 thread starter macrumors member

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Could you drive a car with your feet? Sure you "could" but that doesn't make it a good ****** idea.

Try it and see what happens. What will happen? I don't know. It may work. It may not. You don't know nor do I.

I wouldn't recommend it because its not a clean update.

5. Andrew.Viritek macrumors newbie

Andrew.Viritek

Could Try Booting the 2009 mac into target disk mode with a firewire cable to the 2011 imac, And install a nice clean download of the 10.8.3 combo assuming your running "10.8" over the 2009 macs hd and see what happens