Macbook Pro help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dchase3, Apr 7, 2008.

1. dchase3 macrumors newbie

I'm using a Macbook Pro and have Leopard as my OS. For some odd reason, my laptop shuts down and then doesn't respond to attempts to turn it back on unless it's plugged in. Also, the battery life has been greatly reduced. Do I need to get a new battery, or is there something I can fix?

2. MacClarence macrumors newbie

Not sure from you post whether Leopard is recently installed. Was it? if so did you have any issues before the installation?

3. dchase3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've had Leopard installed for a while, but this only recently started happening.

4. szsiddiq macrumors 6502

szsiddiq

this happened to my sisters macbook...your battery is glitching out...either a faulty battery, or a bad connection. Could also be a bad battery though. Try to get it checked out by a genius before you replace it. If it's faulty, they should replace it for you.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

same symptoms as my MacBook Pro's battery that got replaced twice. get it geniused (ironic pun intended).

6. Dooby Bob macrumors newbie

Ok thanks a lot for the feedback, (in case you were wondering I asked the question from a friends account - dchase3). anyways what do u mean by a genius?

7. JEB229 macrumors member

This was happening to the battery on my macbook pro, I ended up having to buy a new battery and it solved it.

8. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Name for the people that work at the Apple Store to try and help you solve your technical software and hardware problems.

9. szsiddiq macrumors 6502

szsiddiq

My bad! Genius' are Apple store tech support people.

10. Dooby Bob macrumors newbie

ok cool thanks a lot, i guess ill be bringing my macbook to the Apple store soon ... :(