Macbook Pro Hi-Res screen upgrade???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neo179neo, Jul 7, 2011.

1. neo179neo macrumors regular

Dear all...

Im about to upgrade my original old macbook core duo to a 15" Macbook Pro...

Have been looking at the spec and all im slightly intrested in doing is paying £80 extra and getting the higher resolution screen...

I just want to ask if anyone has one of these and recommends it? How much difference does it actually make???

All input and advice is welcomed...

Thanks

2. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

i just got mine. upgraded from mbp early 2008 15 inch.

the extra res. is great if u do a lot of web browsing. gives you extra pixel real estate. (also photo/video editing)

i would recommend.

3. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

I would definitely add it. Would be the first thing.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Adds more screen real estate, but since OS X is not resolution independant it reduces the size of fonts.

I'd buy it, but if you have poor eyesight you might want to hold off.

5. neo179neo thread starter macrumors regular

So does it just make things clearer and sharper?

Its only £80 so money isnt an issue...

So what does it do with the font???

6. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

best suggestion:

go to an apple store near u and check out the high res/AG/glossy... and compare. :)

7. jbjones85 macrumors member

Personally I would go with it but it does come down to your preference. If possible go compare both side by side.

8. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

If you do any spreadsheet work, audio mixing, video editing or photo editing, I highly recommend it.

If you are just doing email and browsing the internets, there is no reason for it. Actually, if you are just doing email and browsing the internets, there is no reason to get a MacBook Pro.

9. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

If you can, go to the nearest Apple store and try out the Hi Res model and see if it suits you. That's really the best advice anyone can give you. I will say it's awesome but you might say the text is too small when you get it ;)

10. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

This screen should be standard on the MBP's. There is no reason to get the lower-res mirror.

11. mackingit macrumors member

Def get high res

It gives you over 30% more on screen space and makes multi-tasking much easier by affording you more space to allocate programs. I use photoshop a lot and the higher res screen lets me have a few more windows open without having to connect my hd display. Its also modestly priced for an upgrade.