Macbook Pro hinge feels weak - something to worry about?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jamie0003, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

I bought myself a 13" Macbook pro last july and have loved it. However, the hinge on it has always felt quite flimsy. Recently, I noticed that when I move the screen it sometimes makes faint creak sounds, and I have found that I can push the hinge from side to side (Sorry if this is hard to understand).

Is this something to worry about? My Mac is still under warranty and it still works fine, I'm just worried this problem escalates and the hinge ends up snapping.

2. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Bring it in and see if they can fix it before it gets to be a bit more. Do you live far from a store?
    Luckily where I live there's one in every mall!

3. Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes there's one near where I live, but do you think it's something I should worry about?

4. eah2119 macrumors regular

Doesn't sound like a big deal. You can back up your data, bring your computer to a genius bar registration, and have it replaced or fixed in no time with no cost to you, or you can wait for it to break and take it in then. You have another 6 months or so till your warranty runs out and even after then they might repair or replace it for free. It doesn't seem like it's gonna break anyway. If this is your only computer and you need it for a job or something important all the time you should take it in as soon as possible to avoid getting stuck with a broken computer.

Good luck!!