macbook pro hinge rubbing when opening/closing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wwe2008, Jul 15, 2011.

1. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

hello, i've had my macbook pro for 14 weeks now and its been great, have not had anything to complain about! The hinge has always felt a bit weird when opening/closing but I just thought that it was normal. Now when i do open/close the lid of my mbp the left side seems to rub together on the edge above the speakers. Does anyone know whats wrong and if apple can fix it? I've got applecare if thats anything.
    Plus another small thing, when my mbp is in sleep mode, the light that indicates this has already lost some lights and there are dark spots where nothing is lighting up!! That another apple problem?
    Thanks

2. mtip macrumors member

The hinge may need adjusting, take it into an Apple store.

As for the sleep light - it's probably just dirty. The sleep light is actually a bunch of very tiny holes laser-drilled into the aluminum with a single white LED behind them. Since the holes are so small, dust and skin oils can clog them easily. Nothing broken there, but you can take a piece of microfiber cloth, moisten with alcohol and rub the light to try and get some of the dirt off.

3. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

okay many thanks for that :)
    do you know what apple will do about it?

4. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

i have a genius appointment on monday for the problem, should i take my mbp in its box or just its case??

5. st22fe macrumors newbie

Result

I have the same issue with mine, what was the outcome of this?