MacBook Pro Hostspot Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yogibear682, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Yogibear682 macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro with OS X version 10.9.5
    My problem is after I have joined a hotspot and try to reconnect to the same hotspot after they have changed their password, my Mac remembers the old original password and won't open the page to enter their site again to enter their new password?
    It immediately says I'm connected but I'm not?

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

network preferences

Then click advanced. You will see a list of wireless networks that you have joined. Select the hotspot name that you are having issues with and remove it from the list.

when you reconnect to the network it will prompt you for the password

3. Yogibear682 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much! But that doesn't do it.
    I've tried that a couple of times now and even restarted my MacBook to no avail???
    Any other ideas???

4. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

so you have to log-in on a website to access the internet as well? in that case i would clear your website data (cookies).

Safari Preferences

Privacy tab

you can click the details button and find the website that you go to to log-in and delete the data for that site.

if that doesn't work you can try clearing all website data

5. Yogibear682 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mlemonds;

Thank you very much. Actually after I clicked on 2 sites in succession the page for the password came up and I was able to access it.

Once again thanks!! I have more questions but not at this time as we are in the Bahamas on a boat and have poor and limited internet access.

Thanks again as I needed to access wind and weather sites for safe travelling plans.