MacBook Pro Hot Bag.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jellomizer, Nov 13, 2007.

1. jellomizer macrumors 6502

jellomizer

After Installing Leopard I have been having this issue more often but it happened with Tiger as well. When I am done or need to move locations I close my MacBook Cover and wait for indicator on the screen open button to start pulsating in a sleep pattern.

Then I drive home and I get home and I take the Macbook out of the bag its fan is rocketing like a jet engine. And it is Hot to the touch. I let it cool down and the fans stop but it will not wake up from sleep and I need to do a hard reboot to get it back...

Needless to say I don't like this because the extra heat could hurt the computer, drains my battery, occasionally loose any unsaved work, and uncleanly shutting down the OS.

My old powerbook never did this it just went to sleep and work back up with no issues... I have heard the difference is because when the MacBook Goes to sleep it takes some time to dump the data to the hard drive so in case battery goes out you don't loose all your data, and the motion sensor kicks in and wakes up your computer when you move it.

I am willing to loose information if my battery runs out. I just want my MacBook Pro to go to sleep and wake up like my old Powerbook when I open and close the case. Is there a way to do that in leopard.

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Why not take the battery out when you wish to "move locations?" Of course you will have to re-boot but at least your machine will not be powered on, as it seems with your description.

Some people have described similar problems. So when you select the "sleep" option, and close the lid, the computer turns back on. My suggestion would be to open it up again and hit the 'sleep' option again. Or why not just power it down...