Macbook Pro Hybrid Hardrive

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by danest, Feb 26, 2011.

1. danest macrumors member

2. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

I have it in my Mbp. I'm very happy with it. Apps are now very quick to load and I dont get the spinning beach ball nearly as often as I did with my WD 640 Blue

3. TheralSadurns macrumors 6502

I second that.

Have been using the 500GB Momentus XT for half a year now.
    It's not as fast as a SSD, but WAY faster than any 2.5" HDD.

It's just a tad louder than the stock drive used to be.

4. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Aren't these the ones that are supposedly having problem? I did hear about one seagate hybrid that's having issues. I also heard seagate is backing them very nicely but I just wouldn't want to go there with my data.

5. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

Well, if it´s only one that had trouble the statistics are pretty good aren´t they?;)
    Seriously, Seagate has one of the better warranties in the business, often 5 years on their HDD´s.
    That to me indicates they have confidence in their drives. I´ve had Seagate in my MP and eternals. Never had problems, but as with any hard drive, it could fail.
    I don´t think the XT fail more than normal at least

6. Monkey194545 macrumors member

I keep seeing different articles stating that they have problems, however I have had one in my macbook for six months now without any issues. Great upgrade.

7. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

If you're backing up your data properly then you really shouldn't have anything to worry about. While I did hear about the issues I also heard that seagate is also way out in front of them and being extremely helpful. If you do have any issues I'm sure they'll take care of them without problem. They're still a good brand and they won't want to lose that appeal.