Macbook pro i7 and external PC Harddisk

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lizard77, May 19, 2010.

1. lizard77 macrumors newbie

I have a question for experienced Mac Users. I am a first time Mac User and switched from my PC to Mac. So I experienced some freezes in iphoto and yesterday some while transfering Videos. But all those freezes happend while my external PC Harddisk was plugged in during I transfered files to the Mac. So far when I used my Macbook Pro i7 without the PC Harddisk plugged in I had absolutely no freezes. As I am not going to use my external PC Harddisk anymore after I transfered all files I think my macbook pro should be fine. Or do you think my macbook pro has a problem? Can it happen that you experience freezes with PC stuff? I am not using Bootcamp but maybe once I want to. So could under Windows happen the same thing with the freezes? So should I return my mac or just let it be?

2. LedCop macrumors regular

LedCop

I'm really just shooting in the dark here, but since it's so simple, would you mind disabling automatic graphics switching in System Preferences and then performing the same activity that causes the freezes?

3. lizard77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. Thanks. I am going to try this

4. torpy macrumors regular

Also, is it a powered harddrive (does it have it's own power brick)? If not, which USB port are you plugging it into?