MacBook Pro i7 SSD RAM upgrades

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macsavvytech, May 25, 2010.

1. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

I'm getting a MacBook Pro on July 3rd and I'm wondering how much a difference the 8GB ram upgrade is going to make to performance bearing in mind this is a SSD system. Just answers I am an advanced user so Im just interested in peoples experience and actual tests.
    Ohh and this is my first post at Mac Rumors :p

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Such an advanced user you give zero helpful information that would help formulate an answer. Since you're asking, I'm going to bet it's not going to make any difference.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Depends on your usage. More RAM is useless unless you use apps that can take advantage of it.

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Unless you're running a LOT of major tasks simultaneously, there is no benefit to more RAM.

RAM≠speed.

Four gigs should suite you for running all the regular apps a a few professional apps simultaneously.

5. Macsavvytech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

What i mean Is

Soz about lack of further details obviously not enough proof reading before post:rolleyes:
    I'm Interested in Bench marks 4 vs 8 and real life user experience. as to the type of work i do coding, moding, 3D stuff, video rendering and HD video rendering. As for 3D stuff mostly modeling

6. Demthios macrumors member

I have 4 gigs in my MBP and have been using Maya, Mudbox, ZBrush and all of Adobe programs. The only time I see 4 gigs not enough is if I have 2-3(maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop, typically) of them open in different spaces at once and working on texturing something out, or I'm rendering a video in AE.

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member