Macbook Pro i7 Wireless issue on win 7 ultimate 64 bit

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rokayjon, May 31, 2010.

1. rokayjon macrumors newbie

Hello,

I installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on my macbook pro i7 (15in). I then installed the drivers for boot camp 3.0 from the DVD (snow leopard). I subsequently downloaded 3.1 drivers and installed them. Unfortunately, I don't have wireless working. In the Device Manager, there is a conflict for the network controller.

I tried to installed broadcom drivers (Broadcom 802.11 n network adapter) but that didn't work. I have tried to search the forum for my exact problem but was unsuccessful. If anyone has had luck with this, please let me know.

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Uninstall all the Boot Camp software you installed including all the drivers. Everything should be listed together in the control panel "Programs and Features" applet. Then install the Boot Camp package from the DVD that came with your Mac, NOT a retail Snow Leopard disc. You shouldn't be downloading any Boot Camp updates either as none have been released as of today for the 15" Mid-2010 MBP.

3. rokayjon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. That worked :) I now have my wireless working on the MBP.

However, my audio is no longer working. When I go to the Device Manager, I see that there is a yellow exclamation next to the "Bluethooth USB Host Controller".

During the driver installation from the DVD that came with the MBP, I wasn't able to install one component. I believe it was SysAgent or something or something close to that.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Try reinstalling that one component. All the driver packages are packaged individually in a subfolder of the Boot Camp package. If all else fails it might be best to do a system restore to before you installed anything, as the incorrect Boot Camp package might still have residual drivers affecting your system in a negative way.