MacBook Pro...if introduced March 1st, When at stores?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nowstime, Feb 15, 2011.

1. nowstime macrumors regular

I currently have a MBA 13 2010 model but planning to upgrade when the MacBook Pro comes out. But I'm trying to unload my MBA 13 when I can get the most which I think is now since when it becomes official, a lot of MBAs will come out.

I'm a bit recent to MacBook products and wondering if MacBooks once introduced come to store right away or do they mostly have a waiting period like the iPhones (e.g. introduced March 1st then available April 1st)?

I know the March 1st debut is a rumor without confirming sources but wanted to know what I can expect once it's announced.

Warm wishes to everybody~

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

3. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

Yep, in my experience they're usually in stores (well Apple stores at least) on the same day as the official announcement. Best Buy might take a few days, though.

4. daher1012 macrumors newbie

Do you think they would sell out quickly? What are the chances of them being available after a fews days?

5. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

I highly doubt they'd sell out. I think they usually only sell out on "event" items like the iPad, iPhone 4 and so forth. To the common person, this is just another MacBook Pro. We're the exceptions to the rule regarding all the specs and whatnot.

6. macmac88 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Agreed. They might sell out in some retail stores, but they should have them restocked quickly... And the online store will definitely have it.

7. lewdvig macrumors 65816

I ordered the MBA 11" on launch day and first delivery attempt was end of that week. My guess is the supply channel wizards will have your new MBP in your hands as quick.