Macbook Pro + iMac + iPad + iPhone = Overkill? Or?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by henrikrox, Jul 3, 2010.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

So i have a imac + ipad and a iphone.

i use the ipad mainly on bus trips on the morning and at the evenings on the sofa if the gf is watching a tv show i dont care about.

then the imac and iphone gets used inbetween those things.

Thing is, ive already think i have to many devices, cause i feel i dont get to use them as much as i want.

now i want a macbook pro 13 base model, for school and work, so im kinda worried about having to many devices.

I could sell the ipad, but i love when coming home to my family and show off pictures and videos from vacation and such. With the laptop i have to start it, have to have in the lap, and ye its just clunky.

So the question is really out of those 4, which has to go. I play abit wow aswell, and the imac is great for that, its also great for photo editing because of the beautiful 27" screen which gives so much screen realestate.

2. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502

well for your use i don't see you getting rid of anything...

3. atrac7 macrumors regular

your sig gives off the impression that you have a MBP 13? :confused::confused::confused:

4. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

I don't see the point in owning all of them no. Why an iMac and a MBP? But it looks like you just like to have loads of apple stuff. I couldn't justify iPad when I already have a MBP and a 3GS, but you've already got one and still want more so I guess the decision is just yours.

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Hahaha. I like your thinking, but these devices all have uses. If you can sell off one of the devices, you can use that money and pay for something else that others can use too :p

6. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Life is short, if you enjoy them keep them and get your notebook too!

7. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...it sounds like you've already done your part keeping :apple: stock as one of the largest tech companies out there... I wouldn't get the MBP if I were you as you already have plenty of portable gadgets, maybe try the refurb uni-whitebook that's $759 right now, I thought you could to iWork on the iPad or that's a feature coming with iOS4 and multi-tasking?...

8. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

9. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

There's no such thing as overkill with Apple products... :D

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Nah its only overkill if you don't use em' all. If you use them all all the time, thats cool :cool:

11. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

There a lot of people that wish they had the OP's problem. Many people have the problem of being to afford even on of those Apple devices. The OP's problem is having too many. I'd say to the OP, feel blessed that you can afford all of them, I'm sure you can solve this problem on your own. :p

12. mansanas macrumors regular

you seem rich, so ya just buy it. u dont have a portable computer so its not really too much.