MacBook Pro? iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by P140897, Oct 13, 2010.

1. P140897 macrumors member

Ok so I have a Late 2008 Aluminum Macbook the 2.0gHz Model but with upgraded Ram to 4GB and HD to 320GB.

I feel the need of updating my Laptop and I was wondering which computer would fit my needs better.

On this computer I would do some HD video editing in iMovie (iPhone 4 HD Video) and also some flight simulator time (X-Plane v9) other than that basic stuff: Internet, email...

I also have an iPad 32GB but I travel a lot and I don't feel like it would fit my needs while on the go.

So I would like to hear your opinions...

Would an updated (Oct 20th possibly) Macbook Pro 13" run X-Plane v9 pretty well at considerably high graphics? What about HD Video in iMovie 09?
    Or should I just go for the 27" iMac?

Thanks in Advance;)

:apple::apple::apple:

2. P140897 thread starter macrumors member

3. Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

The problem is your "specific needs" aren't unique. You want to do a little gaming and some HD video editing using iMovie. These could both be handled by either machine.

Also, no one on this website, or anywhere outside of :apple:'s compound in Cupertino, knows the specs of the updated mbp's that might not even be updated. Please don't ask for speculation on if a future, unannounced machine, will suite your needs.

In my opinion the current mbp's will handle what you want out of a computer. I can't attest to their performance with X-Plane specifically because I've never used it. But the current mbp's are fine for editing with iMovie.

4. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

Well you've asked for advice on your own specific needs, but you don't seem to have decided for yourself if your need a portable computer or one that can stay on a desk? :rolleyes:

5. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Both are fine for your needs, but it sounds like you'd like to be able to do more than the iPad allows you to while on the go. A Macbook Pro would be perfect for you then.

Oh, and adding a sarcastic smiley to the end of your post just makes you look like a jerk. :rolleyes:

6. P140897 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

As long as the MBP can do HD editing without overheating then I'll just get it I think

7. juicedropsdeuce macrumors 6502

You got totally burned. Again. :rolleyes: