Macbook Pro in Hongkong?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by axxo08, Jun 25, 2009.

1. axxo08 macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I am planning to buy a macbook pro 13".. here in Pakistan there is no Apple store so my dad will be going to HongKong and I am planning to get it form there.

I am new to mac so I do not know much about Mac....I visited the online HongKong apple store everything is in chinese......Just wanted to know if the Macbooks keyboard will be in english or chinese .... and the laptops language in chinese . If it is in Chinese will i be able to change it or not.and also the books with the mac will they be in english???

Thanks

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

This store?
    http://store.apple.com/hk

It is English…

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

As far as the MacOS goes, it's international..
    And the keyboards by default will be Chinese because they're localised, though some stores will have US versions.. but it'll depends on where you buy. Just keep in mind that there are no official AppleStores (brick and mortar) as such unless you mean online. All shops there are only Apple resellers in Hong Kong.

So with that in mind, why not buy one online from the AppleStore? At least you'll get peace of mind and an option to customise it. And you'll have a 14day cooling off period (which you won't get from any stores in Hong Kong).

4. lyl macrumors member

Hi,
    Im a HongKonger
    There is no AppleStore in HK except the online one.
    But there are a lot of Apple Resellers.
    If your father wont stay in HK for a long time, he can buy from them.
    http://www.apple.com/hk/en/buy/reseller.html
    And welcome to HongKong to your father:)

p.s. the keyboard is in English

5. axxo08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx everyone for your help.

and lyl can you tell me which reseller is nearest to the airport in HK

6. klee1987 macrumors regular

As a HongKonger I've never seen localized keyboards.....I've only seen US versions.

7. yahoodlums macrumors member

I'm from HK. The keyboards are in English.

If your Dad is coming to HK then I'd recommend buying from the Designer Group. They have a few outlets, probably the easiest to find is the DG Store in the IFC Mall, Central. The prices are some of the cheapest in the world (I think).

8. klee1987 macrumors regular

why not fortress or broadway? There are more branches of these stores around town....

there's a fortress at the airport too at the right side of the check-in area.

9. yahoodlums macrumors member

'Cos the guys at Designer Group will put the software on you need if you ask them nicely ;)

Fortress wouldn't do that!