MacBook Pro in Mexico--Adapter needed?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by csc, Jun 12, 2008.

1. csc macrumors newbie

According to the user guide (2006 ed.), a MacBookPro power adapter accepts "Input: AC 100–240 volts (V), 50/60 hertz (Hz)." Mexico power is 127v/60Hz. From what I understand, the plugs are the same as in the US.

Given that--if correct--do I need any sort of adapter to power my MBP in Mexico?

Thanks in advance,

CSC

2. AstroHouse macrumors member

I took my Toshiba laptop to Oaxaca without any adapter earlier this year. Doubt that things have changed since then, except I've abandoned Win XP!

3. ProstheticHead macrumors 6502

I lugged my Pismo to Cabo with me a couple years ago and used the power just fine, no worries.

4. Mindcrime13 macrumors member

what do you think?

if the input holds from 100 to 240. 50 or 60 herts,

what do you think?

5. GregUofMN macrumors regular

Be very carefull about bringing anything of value to Mexico if you are staying in a hotel. I've heard plenty of horror stories from people who's hotel rooms were robbed. Most rooms have the small safes in the closets, but they are just that--small. If you have a 17" MBP, you probably won't get it into a safe.

Do yourself a favor and leave the laptop at home for the week and spend some time on the beach with a cocktail.

6. csc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for answering the question; it made sense, but I would rather ask an obvious question than fry an expensive piece of electronics. And, if I weren't going for work, I wouldn't need the laptop....

CSC