Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

copydeskcat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Hi folks,

UK resident here. I'm heading to the States on 12th December for a month and have decided on picking up a 15" rMBP (top spec) as a Christmas treat to myself while I'm there.

I noticed today there's a Black Friday (RED) gift card of $100 on offer if I purchase on 28th November (presuming, of course, I can make a purchase online with my UK-registered credit card from here in the UK for in-store pickup in the States). It's a 15 day gap between purchase and pickup.

If I can, does anyone know:

- how long will Apple hold the purchase for me?

And

- will I still get the (RED) gift card?

Answers on a postcard....

Best,

CDC

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
If you call the Apple store once it's been delivered they'll hold it for however long you want as long as it's reasonable.

Be careful with customs on the way back!

copydeskcat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Wont you get a U.S. keyboard and power adaptor though?

Yeah. I'm not concerned about it though. I use keyremapper anyway and my current Mac Mini was purchased in the USA. I also have the world traveller adaptor kit.

sebseb

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2014
I spoke with apple and they said the store will keep it for 10 days. If you ask for longer they might agree.

kevin4

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2014
Wow I'm in the same situation and I'm travelling on the 12th as well. It would be nice to get that gift card.

Alimar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
New York State
Hi folks,

UK resident here. I'm heading to the States on 12th December for a month and have decided on picking up a 15" rMBP (top spec) as a Christmas treat to myself while I'm there.

I noticed today there's a Black Friday (RED) gift card of $100 on offer if I purchase on 28th November (presuming, of course, I can make a purchase online with my UK-registered credit card from here in the UK for in-store pickup in the States). It's a 15 day gap between purchase and pickup.

If I can, does anyone know:

- how long will Apple hold the purchase for me?

And

- will I still get the (RED) gift card?

Answers on a postcard....

Best,

CDC

I had trouble getting to the Apple Store when I ordered my iMac for pickup. They extended it well beyond the five day limit. Call Apple, and plead your case, they may concede.

calstanford

Suspended
Nov 25, 2014
Hong Kong
British Keyboard

Actually if you online-order from store.apple.com, you can select one of many international keyboards. UK keyboard (titled 'British keyboard') is one of the options.

Two advantages:
- it's basically like having a British Mac
- it takes a few days to have it delivered to the store for pickup. Thus the time you'd ask Apple to 'hold' it for you is much less (a few days only most likely)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.