MacBook Pro In-store pickup - how long will Apple hold it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by copydeskcat, Nov 24, 2014.

1. copydeskcat macrumors regular

Hi folks,

UK resident here. I'm heading to the States on 12th December for a month and have decided on picking up a 15" rMBP (top spec) as a Christmas treat to myself while I'm there.

I noticed today there's a Black Friday (RED) gift card of $100 on offer if I purchase on 28th November (presuming, of course, I can make a purchase online with my UK-registered credit card from here in the UK for in-store pickup in the States). It's a 15 day gap between purchase and pickup.

If I can, does anyone know:

- how long will Apple hold the purchase for me?

And

- will I still get the (RED) gift card?

Answers on a postcard....

Best,

CDC

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

If you call the Apple store once it's been delivered they'll hold it for however long you want as long as it's reasonable.

Be careful with customs on the way back!

3. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

Wont you get a U.S. keyboard and power adaptor though?

4. copydeskcat thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah. I'm not concerned about it though. I use keyremapper anyway and my current Mac Mini was purchased in the USA. I also have the world traveller adaptor kit.

5. sebseb macrumors 6502

sebseb

I spoke with apple and they said the store will keep it for 10 days. If you ask for longer they might agree.

6. kevin4 macrumors newbie

Wow I'm in the same situation and I'm travelling on the 12th as well. It would be nice to get that gift card.

7. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

I had trouble getting to the Apple Store when I ordered my iMac for pickup. They extended it well beyond the five day limit. Call Apple, and plead your case, they may concede.

8. calstanford macrumors newbie

British Keyboard

Actually if you online-order from store.apple.com, you can select one of many international keyboards. UK keyboard (titled 'British keyboard') is one of the options.

Two advantages:
    - it's basically like having a British Mac
    - it takes a few days to have it delivered to the store for pickup. Thus the time you'd ask Apple to 'hold' it for you is much less (a few days only most likely)