Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
hello everyone, I'v been waiting to get a MacBook Pro for a while, what held me off is the fact I own a 12 inch PowerBook and an Intel iMac. I can still hold off even longer, the iMac is enough power for me, but I would like to have a powerful portable machine for when I take it to the office (I use my PowerBook almost as my main office machine) Is there any update that's around the corner? everytime they update these things I'm always praying for a redesign, are we gonna see anything like that soon?

thanks

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Search the forums - there is a lot of chatter on this.

Most likely any update of significance would be at MWSF in January. :)

pianos101

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2006
Philly Area
why are you hoping for a redesign of the MBP???? In my opinion that's the best machine i've ever owned, and i've even had my fair share of problems... From what i've heard the next processor update won't be until at least the first half of next year, probably even second. That doesn't mean that the current rev's will cease working when the new ones come out. These are some of the most powerful computers and, even though i don't know specifically why you need so much power, should probably suit your needs for quite a few years...

Bottom line, if you don't need one now, wait. But you might be waiting a long time...

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
why are you hoping for a redesign of the MBP???? In my opinion that's the best machine i've ever owned, and i've even had my fair share of problems... From what i've heard the next processor update won't be until at least the first half of next year, probably even second. That doesn't mean that the current rev's will cease working when the new ones come out. These are some of the most powerful computers and, even though i don't know specifically why you need so much power, should probably suit your needs for quite a few years...

Bottom line, if you don't need one now, wait. But you might be waiting a long time...

The power is more than enough, I have the first intel iMac, and it's plenty of power for me, so the MBP won't be a problem in terms of power.

and the design is awesome, but I just feel bored, it's been such a long time with this design, and I wonder what they will have next.

thank you for your reply, I guess I'll just wait for leopard and order a possible update won't be till next year

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
The power is more than enough, I have the first intel iMac, and it's plenty of power for me, so the MBP won't be a problem in terms of power.

and the design is awesome, but I just feel bored, it's been such a long time with this design, and I wonder what they will have next.

thank you for your reply, I guess I'll just wait for leopard and order a possible update won't be till next year

You said you have a 12" Powerbook. Why would you want a larger notebook if the iMac is your companion? I think it would be better if you waited; the chances of a smaller mbp being released increase (though only slightly), and in the end, if nothing floats your boat, you could always get a macbook for the smaller size and the design change you seek.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.