MacBook Pro instantly shutsdown after power up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Appelsap, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Appelsap macrumors member

Hi Guys,

My MacBook Pro (early 2008) won't startup anymore. When i press the power button it hear the standard dvd player noise and then it instantly turns off.

I try'ed all the steps here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1365?viewlocale=en_US

Anyone have an idea? or do i need to take him to an repair center? (Again :( 4'th time in 5/6 months)

Thanks

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sounds like a logic board issue, call AppleCare. Keep us posted....:eek:

3. Appelsap thread starter macrumors member

Just called Apple, did the same tests that i already did.

Need to bring it to an premium reseller now for opservation.

4. Appelsap thread starter macrumors member

Now i need to bring it to an repair center wich costs me 2hrs to drive to and 2hrs back so i need to take a day off AGAIN from work. This is the 4th time in 5 months that i need to bring my macbook pro in for repairs. and take another day of to pick it up again.

I was really hoping Apple would come with a differend solution this time. They won't send UPS to pick it up.

I dont think the service is verry good. i paid 2000 euro's including AppleCare.. when i need to bring in a macbook for the 4th time i was expecting a bit more service.

I am verry disappointed in Apple.

5. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

My question is, where the hell do you live? I live in small Sweden and Stockholm got loads of authorized repair centers.

6. Appelsap thread starter macrumors member

i live in holland.

7. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

That's strange? Live in a small town? Would seem strange if you lived central (as in near the capital) and had that long a drive.

8. Appelsap thread starter macrumors member

Yes, unfortunately i live in a small town wich lays as far away as possible from the capital city :( Near the germen border.

Maybe a repair point in Germany is closer!

9. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

Might be! That's the problem with small towns, they aren't really a priority.

10. Appelsap thread starter macrumors member

I still live near some other big towns, only they dont have a authorised service center. to bad :)

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I would think, after FIVE visits to the repair center for your MBP, Apple would be GIVING you a brand new MBP of your choice! While you are at the Apple Store ask for a replacement NEW MBP and also get the Store Manager's card, as well as the Customer Relations email address and phone number....:eek:

12. Appelsap thread starter macrumors member

Got it in for repairs, my MBP got a new Logicboard and a new Superdrive. Lets see how long it will last this time :)