Macbook pro insurance + applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by oicaptain, Mar 11, 2012.

1. oicaptain macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a few questions regarding Applecare and squaretrade.

I'm planning on purchasing the upcoming 2012 MBP. I was wondering if purchasing both insurance AND applecare would be overdoing it, or is that usually what people do?

I'm really interested in Worth Ave Group insurance since I don't have state farm or anything like that. WAG also covers forcible theft whereas Squaretrade doesn't.

However, I noticed that Amazon has ST listed a quote for 4 years (instead of the usual 3) and I've been wondering if I should consider the 4 year rate quote, but then on year 4 -- applecare wouldn't be in effect.

Personally, I like applecare for mac because you don't have to worry about shipping your MPB and they usually fix your problems the next day. The downside is you're only good for 3 years. So should I even consider the 4 year insurance quote offered through Amazon (Squaretrade) or should I stick to my regime of selling and upgrading every 3/4 years?

2. AppChat macrumors regular

3. trikky macrumors regular

Check your home insurance policy - you may already be covered for theft and other similar losses.

Then get Applecare for the breakdown side of things and you're good to go.