Macbook Pro insurance for student in Canada

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nigameash, Nov 8, 2009.

1. nigameash macrumors 6502

I am an international student studying in Canada. I wish to insure my Macbook Pro against theft, natural disasters and accidents. There are alot of companies that do it in the US, but I couldnt find one which does it in Canada. When I asked around, everyone seems to have gotten their electronics insured under their house, ie: property insurance. Unfortunately I cant do that as I dont own a house here and live in a college dorm! I really want to get my mac insured so any help would be appreciated! Thanks

2. akutad macrumors regular

akutad

Purchase tenant content insurance. You can buy content insurance without owning a home. Call an insurance broker near you to get information.

3. nigameash thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm ok but theres no specialized agency that does it? like for the folks in the US?

4. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

There are many. Try kanetix.ca - they'll compare many companies for home insurance for you (in your case, contents/renters insurance as akutad said). I have that and I rent.

5. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

oh... and you can get insurance for as little as about $15-$40 a month. Since you're in a dorm, you may be covered by the insurance at your permanent residence (if you have one) or the University - ask questions and find out!