Macbook Pro insurance?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NaomiSmithxO, Nov 6, 2011.

1. NaomiSmithxO, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

NaomiSmithxO macrumors member

NaomiSmithxO

I'm getting the 13" model in late November, was just wondering if I should get insurance on it..

Usually i'm careful with my stuff, but i'm aware that crap happens so..as its only £78 for a years worth..

Thanks..

This is for external insurance which will cover theft and accidental damage btw. :)

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

i got apple care for my macbook air because the day I got it I saw a lady bring in a original mac air with warranty, she left with a brand new 13"... Also you never know what could go wrong. The macbook air I was told was expensive to repair and applecare is cheaper then any repair!

3. NaomiSmithxO thread starter macrumors member

NaomiSmithxO

With the MBP I will be getting 3 years extended warranty with it if that helps aswell?

But the insurance would cover theft and accidental damage, i'm very careful with my stuff but as the insurance is relatively cheap and because the laptop is relatively expensive I was wondering if its worth it?

4. ET3SW macrumors member

I can tell you that i have AppleCare as well as insurance on my 15in MBP. If what i think you are talking about is adding a rider to your insurance then i would do it in a heartbeat. For example:

I have a rider on my property insurance that specifically covers my computers. This covers them from theft, loss, if they are dropped, liquid damage power surges and so on. It specifically covers them outside of my home as well as i travel a lot.

This costs me approx 4.00 more per month on my property insurance. I am very careful with my stuff as well but you never know what will happen and the peace of mind that my $2100 laptop will be replaced if something should happen is something i need.

I hope this helps!