Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tjbarajas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
I have been looking to buy a new laptop for school and have been wanting a MBP. Just really don't know which one to buy or start with. I will be using it for Architect and design I will be running Auto Cad Software and pretty much the other basic software and wanting to run Windows 7 as well, and I mess around with movies, pictures and music a lot. I need all the help i can get really on which MBP would be best for me.

MacForScience

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
USA
I have been looking to buy a new laptop for school and have been wanting a MBP. Just really don't know which one to buy or start with. I will be using it for Architect and design I will be running Auto Cad Software and pretty much the other basic software and wanting to run Windows 7 as well, and I mess around with movies, pictures and music a lot. I need all the help i can get really on which MBP would be best for me.

Buy the i5 the increased processor power will really help. If you can swing a 15" with Thunderbolt that would be best. I would also see if you can get at least 8GBs of RAM.

Cheers

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
It would help if you listed the specs of both computers since Apple has made a handful of Macs that fit the description: "MacBook Pro Intel Duo".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.