Macbook Pro Internal Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mrchainsaw5757, Jul 11, 2007.

1. mrchainsaw5757 macrumors regular

mrchainsaw5757

I was looking into upgrading to a bigger Internal HD for my New 2.2Ghz Macbook Pro. I was looking at the Western Digital website but i wasnt positive which one was capable. Or any other brands that i could use. I would like 250GB or bigger if possible. Any help would be awesome.

2. padmasana macrumors member

padmasana

i put a Western Digital 250gb in my Macbook Pro last week. Worked out great. I believe this is the largest size you'll find right now. They're priced at $189. I got mine from Newegg.

3. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

was the upgrade hard???

4. padmasana macrumors member

padmasana

No not at all. It took about 45 minutes and I was slow and extra careful with it. Check out these two guides:

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/MacBook-Pro/Hard-Drive/85/5

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2119529,00.asp

also I'd advise looking at the reader comments for both, as there are some tips in those comments not in the original guides.
    there are a bunch of screws to remove. I used one of those free 7-day pill containers you get at pharmacies to keep the screws in order.

5. Mac In School macrumors 65816

They have 750 GB internal WD hard drives at Newegg, so I assume there is something about the specs of the drives that says 250 GB is the biggest one? I'm thinking about adding an internal HD too, and have no idea what to look for.

6. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

well, first off, you'd want to look at notebook hard drives instead of desktop ones....

7. Mac In School macrumors 65816

LOL. Got me. Wrong forum. I was thinking Mac Pro. Whoopsie!

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

padmasana,

did u see any temperature increases with ur lappy from the new upgrade??? id heard sum stuff but not really sure if its true.