Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toores

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
As i understand they have put the internal mic on the pro version under the left speaker grille. Why on earth? Again? (on the Powerbook it was next to speakers and keyboard to)

Why couldn't they put in next to the cam as it is on MacBooks. I mean what good is a internal mic (supposedly easy to use allready integrated feature) if it is next to your vent with the sweetest buzzing sound. What the !"#%& am i gonna do with that?? I even can't type the same time i'm talking to my friend because the mic is almost under my keyboard and you hear every touch. Oh, and dont forget the echo your friend hears when you do not use headphones. Nice work apple!

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
As i understand they have put the internal mic on the pro version under the left speaker grille. Why on earth? Again? (on the Powerbook it was next to speakers and keyboard to)

Why couldn't they put in next to the cam as it is on MacBooks. I mean what good is a internal mic (supposedly easy to use allready integrated feature) if it is next to your vent with the sweetest buzzing sound. What the !"#%& am i gonna do with that?? I even can't type the same time i'm talking to my friend because the mic is almost under my keyboard and you hear every touch. Oh, and dont forget the echo your friend hears when you do not use headphones. Nice work apple!

Get a different headset? I would never use an internal mic anyway I just use my USB one.

toores

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
thats my point. I don't want to carry a headset with me all the time. And on Macbook the mic works fine. And since there is only 2 USB connectors(15-inch MBP), i dont want to pull something out to be able to chat with someone..

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
the macbook's mic isn't much, if at all, better.

they're so tiny that they just don't provide any quality no matter the location.

toores

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
at least without the backround noise made by the vent and keyboard use..

Merkuryy

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
Shanghai, China
Come on, it's not that terrible. When I used app to record internal sound for the first time, I wrongly set it to mic recording. But there was not much noise through the process, at least better than you mentioned

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
there's an option in sound prefs for noise-reduction

try that and see if it helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.