Macbook Pro internet issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lthodde116, Aug 2, 2011.

1. lthodde116 macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook Pro and my internet keeps going in and out. When I go to network settings it'll say "No IP Address". I never had this issue before and I didn't change my settings or anything. It'll work for a few minutes then stop working, then it'll take like 5-10 minutes to get it to work again but it'll only work again for a few minutes. I tried restarting my computer, restarting the router, turning Airport off and back on again, reconnecting. Everything. My husbands laptop is able to access the internet just fine but he's using it for school so I can't just use his and I need to do some school work as well. Anyone have any clue on what's up or how to fix this?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Does it happen if you are hard-wired to the router?

3. lthodde116 thread starter macrumors newbie

o_O I don't really know what that means lol I'm not all that good with computers. Does that mean when it's connected with a cable? If so, I haven't tried that and don't think I have the connector. I just use it wirelessly.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes, it means connecting it via a Cat-5 ethernet cable. As of now it's hard to say if there's something wrong with the router or the airport card in your computer. If it functions "normally" plugged in, at least that's a temporary solution.

5. lthodde116 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hm, I don't have the connection for it :[ My husbands is working fine so I was assuming it wasn't the router? I'm considering taking it to apple tomorrow but not sure if they'd be able to do anything.