Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OnlyRyan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Hi, so I just got my macbook fixed at the apple store about 2 days ago and the first day I used it the internet was working fine. But now whenever I try to open Mozilla or Google chrome it says I can't connect, and on google chrome it says "Error 105". I tried restarting my router but that's not the problem because my parents laptop works just fine. Help?

OnlyRyan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
How do you connect to the router (LAN or Wireless LAN) and what exact network settings do you use? Take a look at System Preferences > Network > AirPort / Ethernet > Advanced and post more details here.

It connects wirelessly. My airport says that it's fully connected but none of my internet browsers work. What details must you know? I went to the airport/advanced/ethernet part on my network.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
How do you connect to the router (LAN or Wireless LAN) and what exact network settings do you use? Take a look at System Preferences > Network > AirPort / Ethernet > Advanced and post more details here.

It connects wirelessly. My airport says that it's fully connected but none of my internet browsers work. What details must you know? I went to the airport/advanced/ethernet part on my network.

If you don't mind, you can make screenshots of :
System Preferences > Network > AirPort,
System Preferences > Network > AirPort > Advanced > AirPort,
System Preferences > Network > AirPort > Advanced > TCP/IP,
System Preferences > Network > AirPort > Advanced > DNS​
and post them here.

Taking screenshots in Mac OS X: Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop will suffice and save storage space.

OnlyRyan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
My macbook can't connect to the internet. I'm currently using my brothers computer. *sigh Thanks for the help, I guess I'm just gonna have to bring this stupid thing in again. :(

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
My macbook can't connect to the internet. I'm currently using my brothers computer. *sigh Thanks for the help, I guess I'm just gonna have to bring this stupid thing in again. :(

You can still make screenshots and transfer them to your brother's computer and upload them here.

Maybe it is an easy fix, but if your Apple Store is not far away, that might be easier.

OnlyRyan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Yeh, I'll just do that. I'm sorry, I'm sort of a computer dweeb. I don't know anything about them. Thanks again, really appreciate the help.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Yeh, I'll just do that. I'm sorry, I'm sort of a computer dweeb. I don't know anything about them. Thanks again, really appreciate the help.

If you don't know anything, then have a look at the following links (if you haven't already), as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​
MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.