MacBook Pro InvisibleShield Pics

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uiop., Jul 30, 2008.

1. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

So yesterday my InvisibleShield for my MacBook Pro arrived. (Standard body coverage) Prior to me ordering, I looked high and low for pictures of what it looks like on a MBP but couldn't find a thing. So since mine is installed and looks amazing, I thought I shall do the duty of posting pics for future reference to others. (And if there is already a thread about this with pics, sorry, I'm an idiot)
    My apologies for the shoddy pics. So here goes.

Here's one from my Flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/cjh6793/2715590859/
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Baffles macrumors regular

Looks nice, though glossy as hell, I kind of like the flat look.

Also, your dual screen vista setup looks hella similar to mine. What screens are they? I'm running dual E228WFPs.

3. engles macrumors regular

Man how much was that and how easy/long did it take to install and does it affect the trackpad? are the keys covered?

4. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I got the Invisible Shield on my MBP a while back, and I really love how it looks. It's also nice to have on the wrist rest so I don't have to worry about the pitting that some people experience.

5. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

The monitors are E207WFPs. I love em. Someday I'd love to upgrade to Cinema displays connected to a Mac Pro. ;)

It was $40 for standard body, $55 for full body coverage which goes on the bottom of the Mac too. Overkill in my opinion.
    As for the track pad- HECK yes it affects it. I think I might take it off as it is just to tacky/sticky for my fingers to slide around on. Poor design by Zagg, they should have made it matte. Nope the keys aren't covered...it would be a pain the a** to install the plastic individually over each key. Ha.

The primary reason for me getting this was to avoid the shiny spots on the wrist rest.

6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I had the full body BSE on my Blackbook. The trackpad cover lasted all of a few hours. I also hated the sticky feel of it. I felt like I had to drag my fingers across it. The rest of the skin was great.

7. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Thanks for posting the pics. I agree with you, before I ordered my best skins ever, I only found one post on the internet (on another board) showing pictures of a MacBook Pro with an invisible shield/best skins ever on it. I was desperate to see what it looked like in advance.

I love my best skins ever on my macbook pro, so I'll share too:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not the highest quality photos (from my iphone), but it gives you an idea.

Installation was not bad at all. It probably took me 45 minutes in total. The corners go down as long as you give them a few minutes to dry first. I thought I would hate the glossiness, but it actually looks pretty good.

I did not use my trackpad piece, but I used the piece on the button. I wanted to keep the feel of the trackpad intact.

Good luck.

8. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

look a lot better than I expected them to although way too glossy for my liking.. how much depth does it add?

9. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

That Best Skins Ever thing looks just like the InvisibleShield. Ha.

Mine took maybe 15 minutes to install. The top piece gave me some trouble, but it was very very easy. I set it under a ceiling fan in my room for a few hours to let it all dry out.

Depth as in thickness? Nothing at all really. The thing is just a thin sheet of sticky plastic.

10. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

Probably should have added one to mine as it's got a couple of scratches on the top lid by the catch from where i sat on it.. ah well, it's only cosmetic!

11. mchank macrumors regular

Have you had any higher temps with the Invisible Shield on? I've been meaning to get this for my Macbook Pro but the laptop is always so warm after a few hours of use so I'm worried that the Invisible Shield might worsen that.

12. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

They are very similar. Mine took a bit longer because I took breaks between the pieces of about 5 minutes to let them set up a bit. I'm also anal retentive, so I spend a ton of time checking for air bubbles. But uiop is right, it really was very easy and quick to install. Much easier than the iphone, imo, which I've given up on trying to get a shield on.

13. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

Nope I haven't.
    If your MBP gets too hot, try downloading the app SMC Fan Control. It works wonders for heat issues. I keep my fans at about 3800RPM and don't have any problems.

14. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

3800 RPM? It's very high value. Is it not too loud?

15. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

Noo not at all. I can't even start to hear the fans up until ~4800RPM.

16. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I posted thread on mine a while ago, but no one was interested. :(

I have the full body and it's worth it all! Never overlook the power of total protection! It's like only wearing half a condom during sex; what's the point?

I also use a Moshi Palmguard and PowerSupport Trackpad Film instead.

BTW:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

18. n8236 macrumors 65816

I actually had something very similar and it began to stain quite quickly due to stains/sweat. It yellowed the film from the lower portion of my palm (next to wrist). It is also anti-slip, so it sometimes grips by accident. It won't come off with anything, so I just removed it and put on Marware.

19. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

Luckily the InvisibleShield comes with a lifetime warranty. If anything happens to it, I just send it back to them and they'll send a new one. Also, if I were to get a new laptop (doesn't matter what brand, model, etc) I can exchange the one on my MacBook Pro for a different one.

20. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No they send you a new one first and then you send the old on back. You do have to pay for shipping both directions.

You can only exchange for the same thing.

21. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

You spelled one wrong.
    I didn't say shipping was free either.

22. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That's what you think ;)

23. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

what is that thing off the bottom? it looks like an ipod im so confused lol

i had a BSE for my macbook, but i didnt like the feel on the trackpad.
    pics look great tho, but my incase sleeve is good enough for me when i travel (which isnt very often)

24. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

Not sure. You'll have to ask the person who posted that.

I too don't like the feeling of the plastic over the track pad. Its just hard to navigate around with it on.
    I have Tucano sleeve which I love, but I wanted something else just in case.

25. uplusd macrumors 6502

Where did you get the pieces for the sides and front?