MacBook Pro InvisibleShield Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AutomaticHaze, Jul 1, 2011.

1. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

I have not posted on the forum in a while, the purchase of my new MBP brings me back! :) I've got a few questions regarding the zagg invisible shield for MBP.

Is there any issues with residue after taking the IS off? Does the shield cause any problems with heat? Seems like it might block the flow of heat away from the computer? Also, I'm guessing the solution used to apply the shield is safe? I'm most likely just being paranoid of my new "baby" haha.
    Last but not least, any issues with the track pad with the shield on it? I've seen a few posts about it being unresponsive.

Any issues with putting the shield on should be taken care of, I plan on having a member of the Best Buy geek squad do it for me. Got a $100 gift card with the purchase of my Mac, :D so this is the reason I'm looking into the shield. I already bought the Incase soft slip for it with part of the card. I was mainly wanting the shield to protect against scratching it when i move it across the table and from any oils or moisture on my hands when i remove it from the case.

Thanks for any help!

2. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Just don't buy Zagg. Their product is a cheap ripoff piece of crap. Makes your MacBook Pro look like it's made of cheap plastic, has that weird leathery feel, and it's overpriced. Does not protect against oils; the thing turns yellow and you can't get the trapped stuff out.

Pretty much any full-body protector for MacBook Pros are like this. A neoprene sleeve is 1000x better.

3. DoubleVision19 macrumors member

+1 on that also. I use Ghost Armor on my MBP and no complaints whatsoever. I work with lots of printers and plotters where I get my hands covered with toner and ink which always gets onto my MBP. I just wipe it off with a damp paper towel and it looks like the day I applied my Ghost Armor.

4. AutomaticHaze thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I have the sleeve or "slip" already for it. I was just worried about scratchs, but I can see how I'm "babying" it haha. I was mainly looking for a way to spend the $60 best buy card, and that seemed to fit the ticket but now I'm not sure!