Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weenerdog

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
The new Macbook is more expensive than the 13" Macbook Pro

Ok so if you go to the Apple NZ Education Discount Store and configure a Macbook to have the 4gb of Ram that the 13" Macbook Pro has (effectively makes the specs of both machines equal), the Macbook comes out at $1829 whilst the Macbook Pro baseline 13" comes out at $1799!!

It's not a huge difference but it makes me wonder why anyone in NZ would buy a Macbook... I might be missing something here but I'm pretty sure these prices are right. Also upgrading the hard drive is more expensive for the Macbook as well.

Isn't this a massive flaw in apple's pricing scheme?? :confused:

swish2351

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Michigan
haha in the education US store. The MacBook with 4GB RAM is $1,039 and the MacBook Pro is $1,099!! I would pay $60 to get the Pro... even on a budget! Nice going apple ...maybe make the MacBook with a worse processor and graphics card so it doesn't cannibalize MacBook Pro 13" sales...

OR! They are doing that so people go to the 2.66GHz 13" MacBook Pro! That would be smart. I think that is it... Because people want a 'Pro' Aluminum laptop, but not with same spces as the white one. Smart thinking!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.