Macbook Pro is fast!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I made a thread earlier last week about how slow the mbp was and that the mac pro was used to get the job done. For some reason even using the mac par (used it 4 times already with 1080p movies) did it fine while surfing the net, occasional color wheel does pop up but still managed fine).

I guess what I'm saying is that now I've decided to just use the mbp as my 1 machine and just buy a 1 tb external drive to hold most of my hd movies. And putting the $4500 back into the bank is a great feeling!:D

2. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

Yeah, and hardly anything is really optimized for dual-core CPUs yet! And just wait until you throw an SSD in there; the pinwheel will be a thing of the past...

3. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Funny you mention the SSD drive, I was thinking the exact same thing!

But in the end I noticed that I use the mbp more than I do the MP, sure the MP is fast as hell and its nice to sit and use it but 90% of the time the mbp was doing all the d/ling and unrar/mac paring since I put the mp to sleep. And I guess I was having buyers remorse and especially that I dont game much at all on the computing side.

Also as long as I can d/l and unrar the files and get it to play with my sony bravia (which the mbp does exactly that and very well) thats all I need it for. Plus I noticed that I use the MP just for storing a bunch of files, I rather just save the $4000 and just buy a external 1tb drive for $300.

4. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

yep, MBP are very fast. Just imagine someone who came from a PowerBook G4........

5. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

I came from an iBook G3, so...

6. MascisMan macrumors member

I came from a 1.8 GHz, 512GB, XP notebook to my 2.4 Penryn, 2GB MBP.

Its a lot faster, and I have 4GB of RAM on the way as we speak!

7. JUMPTHIS macrumors newbie

I came from a powerbook g4 1.5 and yes, it is fast. and it sure is purty.