MacBook Pro is frozen on startup temporarly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aj287772, Sep 13, 2015.

1. aj287772 macrumors member

aj287772

Most of the time when I start up my macbook pro It goes to the login menu and I cant move my mouse or type anything. usually I just leave it alone and then it goes into sleep mode and then I wake it up again and usually 2-3 minutes throughout this process it finally starts working. I think this happens to all macs because I have an iMac and it does it too. Just wondering if anyone has this happen to them or if it's normal.

Thanks

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

What you are describing definitely is not normal. Personally, I have never experienced that situation on any Mac computer that I have ever owed. Try booting into Safe mode by holding down the shift-key while booting. See if the issue happens in Safe mode.

3. chipchen macrumors 6502

If it's happening on both systems, did you by chance migrate the date from one to the other? Here's a few things to try:

- zap PRAM (hold P+R+OPTION+CMD as you boot... keep holding, wait three chimes and let go)
    - Repair permissions (Applications folder > Utilities Folder > Disk Utility - click on your drive on left and click repair permissions
    - Reinstall operating system (Boot to recovery mode and re-install... you can google that one)