MacBook pro is messed up!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mac17, May 25, 2009.

1. mac17 macrumors regular

My MacBook pro 2.2 ge force 8600 graphics is having problems first the SuperDrive stopped working now the screen goes blank every so often and I have to restart it to see anything. I know it's not a screen issue because the screen is still on and I can higher and lower the brightness, and the worst part is that I'm in Israel studying and I can't wait until I get back to new York to get it fixed.

2. ethical macrumors 68000

3. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Backup and reinstall the OS. That will determine if it software or hardware. Since you're running the 8600M GT GPU, I would say it's more likely a hardware problem. Do you hear the startup chime? Hear the HDD spinning up?

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I posted in your other thread so I figured you'd remember that you don't have to wait, just go to iDigital. They are an authorized service provider and should be able to service your computer.

6. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

I do remember thanks! But I don't know if I want to trust them with the laptop I hear stories of apple stores messing up the casings who knows if the are any good but I'll prob end up doing it there, I did go in there though it looks exactly like an apple store it's pretty cool. And for the other ppls Qs yes I do hear the chime when it starts up, why does that matter?