MacBook Pro iSight causes crashes?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tallest Skil, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm thinking about buying a certain MacBook Pro Core Duo (15", 2Ghz)and the seller has expressed a problem with the built-in iSight camera.

He says that prolonged video chatting (he estimates an hour or so) results in the MacBook Pro crashing, forcing him to do a hard restart. Is there something that could be done to fix this if I were to purchase the MacBook Pro? Is this a known happenstance with Core Duo MacBook Pros or is it a localized event?

I don't anticipate video chatting for over an hour at a time with anyone, but I'd like to know that my laptop isn't going to crash because of it.

Thanks.

2. MacDaddy08 macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

Honestly, this is the first I heard of this problem so I would bet it is a localized event. Did he say it was just video chatting he was doing or was it possibly other programs running at one time? Maybe a problem with overheating or to many processes at once? Not sure. This is a tough one.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think you should wipe the drive and reinstall everything if you buy it and that should eliminate any software issues.

4. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

He said that he has another app or two open when it happens, and I'd definitely do a clean install if I were to buy it. Thanks for the clarifications.