Macbook Pro Issues? Or Not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by viggenn, Mar 2, 2009.

1. viggenn macrumors newbie

Hey guys 'n gals!

I'm new to macs, and after taking arrival of a brand new unibody Macbook Pro a few nights ago, I have to say it's fantastic!

However I have a few questions for which I can't find any definite answers :(

The MBP originally came with a 250GB 5400rpm drive, which I upgraded to a Seagate 320GB 7200.3 drive. Everything works fine, but I get a feeling the system is a little less responsive then with the 250GB drive. OS X takes a good 45+ seconds to load and shutting down takes 2-3 mins, compared with ~20s load and ~5s shutdown with the other drive. Same deal with XP and Vista via Boot Camp, just loads too much imo. Could there be a problem with the drive? I've run HDTune and attached the results.

Also is there anyway to turn off the backlit keys in XP/Vista? The only time they turn off is when I sleep XP/Vista and wake it back up.

Another problem is that when OS X resumes from Sleep the "tap to click" feature doesn't work :(

Everything else works great! Fantastic machine, no comparison to my previous lappy.... an old dell! :D

Attached Files:

2. viggenn thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I solved the hard drive problem, turned out to be a faulty drive. Using a WD3200BEKT now, everything is as snappy as it should be :D