MacBook Pro issues. Weird question..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aronMac, Feb 6, 2008.

1. aronMac macrumors newbie

So my MacBook Pro 17in Dual 2.4 is starting to have some hardware issues that I need to get fixed. I still have :apple:Apple Care for it so I will take it to the Apple store, but.. I have a few "pirated" apps on it, including the new Leopard OSX and I am afraid that they might try to give me some slack or even fine/report me?! I know it sounds absurd, but with all those issues runnin round with the music industry , I do not want to take chances..

Is this really that absurd that I am worrying about this, or should i backup and reformat back to Tiger without any piratedness?? Let me know if anybody has run into this or any similar issues..

BTW, my airports broken (keeps turning off and on), my battery needs to be replaced for the 2nd time, and my displays are LAME (not bright enough at all - compared to other MBP's of that era). Any tips/solutions?

Thanks yall.
    -Aron (fellow mac enthusiast):apple::cool:

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

If you still have Apple Care send it back...

But honestly, pirated Leopard? I feel that a true "Mac enthusiast" would pay for something like that out of respect for Apple as a company.

3. pointycollars macrumors regular

I'd reformat back to Tiger just to be safe. You never know, they might void your AppleCare, and then you'd have to pay for all those repairs.

4. aosman macrumors 6502

I second that.

5. aronMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys!

Yeah yeah! i know, pirated Leopard is lame and it shows (with all the minor bugs). Anyway, I will go ahead and reformat back. Thanks for yalls feedback!:D

-A

6. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

Yea because apple does so much for its customers? Get off your horse.

And you pirate? pay for your stuff, pay for it because its the right thing to do!