Macbook pro issues

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maxou17, Mar 11, 2011.

1. maxou17 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have spent a lot of time on mac rumors reading all forums and threads, however this is my first post. I live in Istanbul, I am traveling and in London at the moment.
    I own 2 macbook, I was going to buy the latest 13" macbook pro.
    I have to say that after all the threads I read about macbook pro latest model issues (battery lasts only 3 hours, problem with screen (flickering), I am thinking of waiting a few more weeks / months before buying it. in the meantime, I can't wait of getting it! I bought my last 2 macbook refurbished and never had any problem with them.

what do u think? any help?

Thanks in advance

2. rwingscup19 macrumors newbie

I just opened my 13", and I have no issues at all so far. The battery, during calibration, lasted from 2pm for 10pm with me using the hell out of it. The only problem I had was I accidentally turned on the Voiceover Utility, which was AWFUL.

3. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

@maxou17: People with problems tend to be more vocal than those whose computers work perfectly. If it appears that 50% of laptops are having a problem, it's probably closer to 0.50%.

Apple manufactures very high quality computers. Even with the best manufacturing, though, there will be a few components that will have problems. For the most part, Apple does a very good job of making sure a majority of their computers are just fine.

TL;DR -- Go ahead and buy. You'll be fine.

4. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

I've had my i5 13" since 26 Feb. and have had no issues. The battery issues were reported from those who installed 7200RPM drives and the screen flickering is on the cinema display, not the attached display.

5. maxou17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx 2 All

Thanks to all of you for helping me!
    I will go for it!
    thx!