Macbook Pro issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DanB1, Dec 31, 2011.

1. DanB1 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and my apologies that my first post is asking for help. I am having issues with a new Macbook pro late 2011 that I bought two weeks ago, out of the blue it has decided to stop loading internet pages even when my wifi is connected!

I have not had any issues loading pages with this computer until today when streaming a movie it just stopped downloading, and then webpages would not load. The only quick fix is to disconnect from my wifi and reconnect and that only lasts a few minutes and then this issues starts again.

I have allot of devices connected to the internet included 3 iPhones, a home PC and a iPad and non of these devices are having any issues loading pages.

Please help, in that I am still in the two week period where I can return the computer to the retailer and not use applecare and I was wondering if this is a simple fix or not.

Thanks,

Dan

2. orvn macrumors 6502

This probably isn't a big deal.

Do you have a different browser you can use?

Open terminal.app from spotlight and ping a random site.
    Try typing ping www.google.com and pressing enter.

What does it return? (use ctrl+c to stop the ping).

Are you connected via ethernet or wifi? Connect via ethernet if you're not, see if that resolves the issue and report back.

3. DanB1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi orvn,

Thank you for replying and addressing newbie questions.

I did the ping that you suggested and got between 33 and 37 mps, which I am guessing seems to be okay.

I am connected via wifi at the moment and not too sure how to connect via ethernet - I am not that computer literate but ill do some research on how to do this.

Thanks again!

4. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

ethernet would be with an ethernet cord-likely the thing that connects your modem to your Wi-fi router. they tend to be blue, yellow, grey, or pink, but are usually blue.

5. orvn macrumors 6502

You're welcome :)

Well sounds like you're test (ping) is working and that you can contact Google.com. There's no need to switch to ethernet (As Guitarg20 explains: hardwired, rather than wifi).

Sounds like it could be your browser. Are you using Safari? If so, reset your browser by going to Safari->Reset Safari on the top right, by File, Edit, etc.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

It's always good to have at least two browsers in your system. This is a big help when you seem to have problems with the net: you can try a different browser to see if the problem is the browser itself.