Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dreamchrisdream

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Knox, Pa
Ever since I got my Macbook Pro I felt like it acted it funny. I have an imac that is just a little older than it and a little slower. I notice a difference in speed between my imac and my macbook pro. The first problem I had with my macbook pro was when it kept freezing up completely. You could not do anything, not even move the mouse, nothing. I called apple about it and apparently it was my fan program so I could increase the speed of the fans. I thought, well yeah i guess that could cause problems. Well it didn't end there, i get occasional freezes still but I don't use it all that much so I really don't know. I have Need For Speed Carbon, It installed on my imac just find and plays pretty good. It has an ATI card and my macbook pro has a nvidia card. For whatever reason the game will not work on my macbook pro. It meets all the requirements and exceeds them. It plays for the tiniest bit of time then crashes out, no error messages or anything. Just gone. The other problem was with installing windows. It just won't do it, it gets an error when trying to start the installation. I was told this was a problem with the disk. So I tried installing it on my imac, which worked just find, I did it in parallels since I don't have a wired keyboard. So i decided to install windows in parallels on the laptop just to see if it would work. Same problem. I'm not sure what I should do. Is this a common problem? Should I call applecare? Or should I just take it to the apple store. I've never had any of these problems with my imac.

dreamchrisdream

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Knox, Pa
when did you buy it? my advise just take it back and demand a brand new one.

I bought it last July at an Apple store. I'm not sure whether I should take it back or not. Like could they figure out if there is actually something wrong with it? Just by using it a few minutes you wouldn't notice anything wrong. It's just all those little things.

grooveattack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
well its still in warranty, i think you certainly have a right to a new one. you have spent alot of money and have trusted apple and they have let you down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.